Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Pages

10 Oct 2013

Sikkim’s first Hindi movie coming up

Gangtok
9 Oct 2013
Trishala Tamang (17) of class XII at Deorali Senior Secondary School had since childhood dreamed of acting in movies and her wish has come true after she got through auditions for a leading role in Sikkim’s first Hindi movie, ‘Everyday is Sunday’.
Trishala is currently busy promoting her debut movie with her co-star, Bengali actor Siddharth Roy Choudhury. ‘Everyday is Sunday’ is directed by Subhendu Ghosh and produced by local production house Deorali Varieties owned by Pabi Ratna Sakya and Rakesh Mohra.
The movie plot revolves around Trishala who plays an amnesia patient and with whom a non-Sikkimese boy falls in love. Shot extensively in the north and east districts of Sikkim, the film also features several local talents who were on the lookout for a platform. Dipendra Mohora, who has directed several music videos and movies, is the associate director of ‘Everyday is Sunday’.
Trishala, who just arrived from Assam after promoting the movie, said, “I had no plans when I gave the auditions, but somehow I was lucky to get through. This is the first time I have faced the camera as I have only done roles in school plays.”
The debutant will be appearing for her board exams next year, and she said her teachers and parents have been very supportive throughout and have kept motivating her to perform well.
“My studies have not been hampered by the movie,” says Trishala. “I try to balance between my school and promotions. Moreover, my teachers and friends support me which helps me remain positive.”
She added, “My juniors often come to my class and ask for autographs, which makes me feel proud. I don’t have any plans as yet to take acting as a fulltime career.”
Trishala today promoted her movie in town along with the crew and also launched its music at Tadong College Auditorium. During the event, a student of the college won a bicycle the actress used in the movie.
‘Everyday is Sunday’ is scheduled for release on October 18 at Gangtok’s Denzong Cinema Hall.
Producer Pabi Ratna added, “This movie is the joint effort of local talents keen on global exposure. We hope the people of Sikkim help and support us.”

0 comments: